|Harvesting and clean raspberries|
After harvesting so many raspberries, we had to save them for use though out the year. This week we decide to save them by putting them in the freezer. I have 6 easy steps to have raspberries in the freezer.
|Laying out the raspberries and freezing them|
- Harvest raspberry/ or buy them
- Clean them - soak them in 2-3tbsp of vinegar and gallon of water. I let them soak for about 15-20 minute. This kills bacteria and any bugs in it.
- Drain - I drain then and let them dry for a few minutes.
- Cookie sheet - Put them on a cookie sheet and speard them out.
- Freezer - I stick the whole cookie sheet in the freezer and freeze them for about 4-5 hours.
- Freeze Bag - I take a spatula and scoop the frozen berries off the cookie sheet and but them in a freezer bag.
|my 2/3 full gallon freezer bag of raspberries|
It's that easy! Then you have raspberries to cook with or eat frozen. Do you freeze any of your fruit? If so how do you freeze it?