Monday, February 16, 2015

Gardening - Why to Plant Oregano in the Garden? ~ Medicine cabinet

There is so much oregano for the winter

      I was told you yesterday in Gardening - Why to Plant Oregano in the Garden? ~ Kitchen Cabinet, I would explain why I like oregano in my medicine cabinet. 

        Benefits of Oregano
  • antiviral
  • anti-inflammatory
  • antibacterial
  • antioxidant
  • anti-fungal
  • anti-microbial
  • anti-parasitic
  • Promote menstrual cycle
  • treating viral infections 
  • digestive upsets
  • coughs
  • urinary problems
  • headaches
  • fungal infections like candida or athlete’s foot
  • antihistamine 
  • inhibit growth of cancer cells 
  • aid in lowering cholesterol levels 

     All of these awesome effects can come from a plant I can grow in my garden! It's exciting. I'm not a doctor so please talk to one if you are try any herbs. Here are some sites I checked out to get my information, thank you herbal treatment remedies  thank you Garden Ablaze  and Mark's Daily Apple.  Do you use Oregano for any medical use? 

No comments:

Post a Comment