Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Zucchini bread

Yes we ate one!

Today I took local grown zucchini, and turned it in to zucchini bread and muffins. This was one of my preschool project for the day. We mixed, counted and added, while cooking. It was a fun activity and tasted great! Best part and other veggie added in to our body today, kiddies have know idea!!

I got it for only $.33!

Zucchini Muffins

Prep. time (min):18
Cooking time (min):70
Servings:24

Ingredients
3 cup Zucchini (shredded)
1/2 wheat germ
3 cups Flour
1 cup Sugar
2 Tbsp Sugar
5 tsp Baking powder
1 Tbsp Lemon rind
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
6 Tbsp Veg oil
2 tsp Vanilla
2 Eggs
One beaten
And one egg white
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 of oat bran



I cheated and put it in a food processor, so much easier! 
Preparation

Preheat oven Shred the zucchini

Mix flours, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, lemon, cinnamon, and nutmeg In other bowl, mix everything else.
Combined the dry into the wet.
Bread bake for 1hr - 1hr 10 mins Muffins 30-45mins


Fresh out the oven! MMMmmm

I forgot to take a picture of the bread, it was amazing! If there is any left I'll add it tomorrow!


2 comments: