Saturday, July 7, 2012

Couponing! Getting back on track


I got very bad with couponing in the last few months due to personal matters (my custody case against my ex, and my hubby's possible deployment). The stress of everything was too much; backing off the stress of couponing was away to hand other stress. Couponing can be stressful in the set up process. To get organize and stay organized and to watch sales, one could get lost in the sea of all of it. But the thrill of getting the sale is worth it jumping into the sea. My goal for this month is to start couponing again.

There are 5 steps to couponing

1. Clean out binder of expired coupons. (This will be easier because they all are expired.)

2. Buy Sunday's newspaper, cut coupons, and put them in the binder.

3. Look up sales. (I use moneysavingmom.com and forthemommas.com to find sales at the stores I shop)

 4. Set a monthly budget! (The next 3 months it going to be higher than normal, because I'm out of a lot of things)

 5. Shop (I can hit a lot of store because where I live and my work, this gives me huge advantage that not everyone will get.) I don't go more than 10 minutes out of my way to go to a store because with gas price it doesn't feel like I'm truly saving)


Couponing for my family of three is very important to me, because I want to be able to have food in the house to make home cook dinner. My daughter told me this week that she love that I coupon because we have different types of food in the house not like her daddy's who shops weekly. Now she gets why I have a pantry, but doesn't realize how much I save by doing it. She'll see when she gets older.

I'm going to be doing many posts on getting back on track with my couponing. Join me in saving money!

No comments:

Post a Comment