Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cass's Cheesy Chicken, Rice and Broccoli

Last night was my little ones turn to cook dinner. OK warning my daughter is 10. She has been cooking with me every day of her life! She a-little chef! She mastered eggs, (scrambled and boiled) grilled cheese, and Mac & cheese last year. 

So we let her pick a meal and cook it. She is in charge. My hubby or I am in the kitchen over seeing while doing something else so she feels trusted. 

Last night she make cheesy chicken rice and broccoli, Brussels sprouts,& bake beans. She did make all box meals but had to put them together and cook them. 

This teaches her do much! It teaches her to read the recipe, to follow directions, to cook (life skill that is need), timing. But most of all it give her self-esteem. Putting a meal that she made on the table had her beaming with pride! She knew she made a wonderful meal for her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment