Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Why Did I Plant Lemon Balm in My Garden

 

    I have Lemon Balm in my garden for it medical benefits. This winter I found the book 2,000 Secrets of Tea by Victoria Zak. This book was why I planted my garden the way I did this year. I talk to my hubby and decided that I want a garden that would provide good and healthy food and herbs for our family! I have over 13 garden boxes. Only 3 do not have things in them that are healthy in some way for my family.  




    Lemon Balm is thought to relieve tension and aid in respiratory healing. It is also know to clean toxins out of the kidney and urinary tract system. There have been reports that it helps smooth the digestive tract system. Some people even say that it helps distress you. (This is a big one for me!)
   Other thing have heard about lemon balm can be used as insect repellent, tooth polish. The oils have been known to help with bug bits. Some people even turn it into syrup.




     Now be warned Lemon Balm is a member of the mint family, therefore you want to plant it in a pot. If you don’t it might over take you garden!
    After learning about that Lemon Balm was put add in my garden and I love having it. It smells so good!


What do you have growing in the garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment