Monday, June 4, 2012

Cass's Garden Box

I have many gardens all around the house! The reason being I love gardening. I love planting things and watching them grow, looking at them when they are in full bloom, and producing food and herbs for my family.



The garden saves me hundreds of dollars during the gardening seasons. My most favorite part of gardening is weeding! I know lots of people disagree, but I think of all the stressful things going on in my life and I just pull them out! It helps me a lot because there are many stressful things in my life I would love to pull out of my life but can't!



Come garden with me!! It will be fun. Let me know what you are planting and any ideas and suggestion are welcome.



Today I'm working in one of the garden boxes in the back yard! Cass’s box. This is the only box in on my property that isn't going to be used for food or medical propose. This box was planted 3 years ago so my daughter would have a place to pick flowers. I'm not even sure what I planted in here, therefore once the plants bloom I'll go to Low's and check what types they are. The only things I remember are daisy. I am planning to plant sunflowers and raspberry zinnias in the garden today, but as you can see I have not even weed this box yet this year! Here are the steps I'm going to take to plant the sunflowers.

Steps to planting Cass Garden



1. Weed the garden! (this will take some time but so needed)


See my angle. She is helping, but only for her garden though!!

2. Pick out the seeds I want to use
       I need to add dirt to level out the garden boxes

3. Read the direction on the packet and follow them.

4. Dig the little hole.

5. Plant 2 seeds in each hole
Mark were the seeds are (I normal use a stick)
6. Then cover the seeds with dirt
7. Then water, but I didn't need to because it rained!! (I love the rain it, I don't have to water the plants!!)
Last I pray that the seeds grow


Now the box will be ready in a few weeks, my daughter will be picking flowers for her room! She loves it!!

What do you have growing? What at your favorite plants.





No comments:

Post a Comment