Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Zucchini plant!!

             I swear time never slows down! I have many containers filled with start plants, at least over 10 different kinds of plants that need to be planted into the ground. I am going to try to get them all planted by Monday, but we will see because I have work from now until Thursday, and need to weed the area they are going to be planted.  I also have to weed all the rest of my garden boxes too. Yes, it is a lot of work.
         Last night, I got to plant my zucchini plants and weed my garden box 1. I only planted 4 of the 8 zucchini started plants, I grew them from seeds. They are about 3-4 weeks old. The reason I only planted 4 zucchini plants is because one plant give off enough for us for the season. The other plant will give me some to make and freeze zucchini bread mixes. The third plant is to give away. I always have a plant to share, it’s important to share the gifts God gives you and that is why I plant this one. The last plant is an extra just in case something happens to any of the other plants. I do plan on saving seeds of a zucchini on each plant. Look forward to the post explaining how I’m going to do that.
          What did I do with the other 4 zucchini starter plants? I put them on Freecycle  . They are being passed on to two people that were looking to start a garden but didn’t have the funding. I’m so excited that God provide me with the plants to share with others!
         How is your garden going?

No comments:

Post a Comment