Week-by-Week Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook is still helping thoughout the week to say on base with my gardens. Week 20 and 21 are combined. I am going to break them up so that it is easier for me to accomplish my goals.
Weekly Garden Goals
1. Clean up- I have over 10 beds. I won't be using thoughout the winter. So I want to clean them up and put compost on them. This week I have 3 days off so I want to get 3 beds cleaned up.
2. Pumpkin, squash- clean and preserve for the winter. Don't for get to save some seeds for next year!
3. Bring in plants that won't last thoughout winter- I have mosquito plant and fig trees. They won't last my PA winter. Before the 1st frost, I have to bring them in.
4. Make a worm compost box- I am bringing in some plants and hoping to have nerves growing inside this winter therefore I want to make compost that I can use to fertilize the plants throughout the winter.
5. Harvest basil- with the first frost coming at some point this week I want to harvest my basil and start to try it out. This will make for a wonderful Christmas gift!
What are you doing this week in your garden?