Friday, November 4, 2011

Freezer cooking

Freezer cooking
Freezer cooking is where I make food I had a time, and put them in the freezer. This helps me provide home-cooked meals even on busy days. Tomorrow I'm going to do more freezer cooking. But today I made a muffin sandwiches. The sandwiches were relatively cheap compared to going to McDonald's and getting Egg McMuffin. I think I spent altogether $.50 on each muffin that I have in my freezer. This will save me money and time in the morning. It'll save you money because I don't have to buy breakfast, it'll save me time because all I have to do is throw them in the toaster oven for 2 to 3 minutes. It also provides a home-cooked breakfast for my daughter and I (My husband does not eat breakfast in the morning).
Recipe for Egg Muffin
ü  yellow pepper
ü  ½ green pepper
ü  2 mushrooms
ü  ½  onion
ü  1  carrot
ü  two eggs (I would use four but I only had to in the fridge)
ü  one package of biscuit
ü  ¼ cup of shredded cheese
The way I made that, first I put the biscuits in the oven. After that I cut up carrots and put them in a pan with a little EVOO on medium heat. Then I dice up the onion and mix them in, and then I dice up the two peppers and put them in the pan. Then I dice up the mushrooms and I put them in the pan. I let them wilt down for 3 minutes. After that I added the eggs. While the eggs were cooking, I pulled out the biscuit and cut them in half. When eggs are cooked through I placed about a tablespoon of egg mixture on each half biscuit then put a pinch of shredded cheese on top. I will freeze them like that. After that I will back them up with four half in a bag. I will make breakfast for me my daughter for two different days.

No comments:

Post a Comment