Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Gardening Time - 16-15 Weeks before average frost date

 

I am still in shocked that we are starting 2021 garden. I am so excited to get it started! I can’t wait to see what next years garden bring.

16-15 Weeks before average frost date

v  Clean up around the green house. Work on organizing it. Yes, I know you keep seeing this but this always needs to be done.

v  Plant herbs for indoors.

v  Come up a plan for plan for compost bin. I don’t have a compost bin outside anywhere. I know I need one. Best garden has amazing come compost in it. We are a no spray or add to gardens. I will have to add more mushroom compost this year, but I am hoping that the deep beds in chicken coop will break down to add this winter. I have a friend that has goats, and horse. This year I am hoping to get one amazing compost for 2022. I will be doing that 2 times a year. I will post more about this.

v  Garden Tools- Time to see what I have and what needs to be fixed.

v  Plant Seeds if I didn’t get to it. We need to make seed trays.

18-17 Weeks before average frost date

v  Clean up around the green house. Work on organizing it.

v  Place Seed orders- The magazines will be coming in soon, but I know there are something I want no matter what. I want to get them ordered. – I order a few seeds from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds, and Potatoes & Asparagus From Urban Farmer. I know more seed wants will be coming because I have a seed addiction, but I should have what I need for this year.

v  Paint the roof of the Green house. It has been painted in a few years. I want it to last a long time. Painting it will help. – We didn’t get to this. We are having 3-12 inches of snow, therefore we will not be able to get to this. Next year we will have to do it.

v  Hook up the heat to the green house.

v  Sow Herbs – Start Thyme and Parsley seeds.

v  Sow Vegetables – Start Onion and leeks.

v  Start to plan next year’s gardens. What do I want to grow? – I have started to figure out what I want in the garden. I am hoping that we can afford to double the garden size next year. We did plant a lot of berry plants. I pray they come up. I have decided that we will continue to use mulch garden idea. This works best for me. I will work on my posting mine soon.

What are you doing to get your garden started for next year? Do you have plans on what type of garden you want? Are you ordering your seeds? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment