Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Gardening-Information on Pear trees and how I planted mine

My 3 year pear tree flowering for the first time

I am so excited! This is the 1st year my Pear tree has bloomed! Hubby and I planted the tree 2 falls ago. Last year the tree had leaves and grow but no flowers. According to Better Home and Garden pear trees are great for 1st time gardeners. They are easy to grow and don't need anything special.

My new Pear tree

I decide this year, that we would get another pear tree to cross with the first tree. I grabbed on at tracker supply and then saw on at Walmart for $10. Hubby said we could get both!


My 3 Pear trees planted in the ground

On Sunday (April 14) we decide to plant our trees. It took about 10 minutes to plant them. First we dug the hole 2 inch deeper than the pot it came in. After that we added some organic compost. Next we broke up the root ball and put it in the hole. After that we cover the root ball with fresh dirt. Then cover it up making a hump with the old dirt. After that we ran the hose for 10 minutes to water it.

According to Ezine Articles that pears came from Switzerland. This fruit can be grown from seeds, but it is a poor germination. Most trees are grafted into trees.

More Information on Pear Tree
My tips on planting pears

No comments:

Post a Comment