Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Gardening~ 3 Weeks Before My Last Frost - Weekly Goals
According to my book Week-by-Week Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook, this week is 3 more weeks until my last frost. I am getting a little worried because it still is so cold. I am trying to keep in mine that it snowed last year on the first. I don't think it was this cold!
1. Begin harvesting- Rhubarb stems
2. Plant seedlings outside - broccoli, cauliflower, kohlrabi, lettuce, cabbage, peas, onions, spinach, and Brussels sprouts.
3. Thin seedlings outside- beets, carrots, parsnip, and onion
4. Check inside plants for right amount of water and light. Adjust if needed.
5. Plant inside- Melons, cucumbers, squashes, and gourds seeds
6. Make a second planting of cabbage, broccoli, cilantro and dill.
What are you doing in your garden this week? Are you worried about the cold weather too? Let me know!
Follow the other Weeks Before Last Frost Weekly goals with the links below.
Gardening 20 Weeks Before My Last Frost- Weekly Goals
Gardening 19 Weeks Before My Last Frost- Weekly Goals
Gardening 18 Weeks Before my Last Frost
Gardening 17 Weeks Before My Last Frost Weekly Goals
Gardening~ Weeks 16 and Weeks 15 before My Last Frost - Weekly Goals
Gardening~ 14 Weeks before Average Date of Last Frost
Gardening~ 13 & 12 Weeks before Average Date of Last Frost
Gardening~ 11 Weeks before Average Date of Last Frost
Gardening ~ 10 weeks until my last frost - Weekly Goals
Gardening ~ 9 weeks until my last frost ~ Weekly Goals
Gardening~ 8 weeks before my last frost - Weekly Goals
Gardening- 7 weeks before my last frost~ weekly goals
Gardening ~ 6 and 5 Weeks Before My Last Frost- Weekly Goal
Gardening ~ 4 Gardening 4 Weeks Before My Last Frost - Weekly Goals