Thursday, March 31, 2016

Gardening- Growing food for scraps - scallions

Planting scallions from scraps 

      Have you ever grow food from scraps? I have done it will scallions in my bosses garden and I have been doing it with celery. 

Thankful bunnies for their scraps
     One of the lady who's kids I watch, has been saving her veggie trash for my bunnies. They love her and her family for that. Sometimes I even find treasure in there for my garden. Like I did on Tuesday, with scallion ends. 

Planting bottoms of scallions 

      I cut off the tops and gave them to the bunnies. Then I took the bottoms and bought them in my green house. I dug a little hole in the dirt and planted them. Then watered them. Within a few weeks they will be growing again. 

Planted scallions 
     Growing this way has been super easy for me. Then I have them growing in my yard and they were free. The only down fall is. They are most likely not non-GMO organic heirloom plants, but they are free and I won't be saving their seeds. 
     Have you ever tried this? Do you have any tips on how to grow them? Let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment