Friday, March 14, 2014

Gardening ~ 8 Weeks Before My Last Frost (2014) - Weekly Goals

                      My book
Week-by-Week Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook, is missing! I'm so lost an behind because I can't find it. Plus this weather we are having in Pennsylvania doesn't say spring! All the snow on my garden beds have just melted and there is a 30% chance of snow on Monday. I did go though Weekly Gardening Goals to see what I'm behind on. It sad to see last year, I have peas growing in the gardening already. This year I can't even get outside to add compost and get the garden ready. I used Gardening~ 8 weeks before my last frost - Weekly Goals to help me plan my goals today

Weekly Goals


  1. Plant Vegetables Seeds-  egg plant pepper, kohlrabi, watermelon, loofah seeds onions, cauliflower, and broccoli
  2. Plant Herbs Seeds - Anise, parsley, summer savory,  fennel, chives, cilantro, oregano, alyssum and basil
  3. Plant Leafy Plants Seeds- lettuce, kale,  Swiss chard, celery and collards (I'm not planting kale or collars until fall, but if you like those plant you can plant them indoors now.)
  4.  Plant Flowers Seeds - Zinnia,  daisy seeds and petunia seeds indoors
  5. Price compost- I want to go Wal-Mart and price compost. I have over 10 garden boxes, so I never have enough compost. I awesome have to buy some. We also are getting aged cow manure for the garden. I shouldn't buy to much this year but I like to make sure I have some to add. 
What are you doing in your garden? Has the weather pushed you back? Let me know

No comments:

Post a Comment