Thursday, May 2, 2013

Gardening- Bartering for Strawberry plants


My 27 strawberry plant 

Today I bartered with my boss! She want seeds to plant in her garden and I need strawberry plants (yes I have the seeds grow, but I want a lot of strawberries!) I traded her 20 peas seeds, 4 tomato seeds, 18 cucumber seeds, and 2 pepper seeds. I got 27 strawberry plant! Enough to do the the back row I want in my garden!

My boss garden she kept strawberry plants

This save me at least $18, she saved $8-12 because she would have to had to by each type of seeds. I did help her by planting the seeds in the garden for her.

The strawberry plants will be planted right after the wood

My strawberries will go in the back of the garden, behind them will be borage, then the wheat and then around the fence will be my tomatoes and peppers with basil and marigolds going in between them. I can't wait!

My strawberry bushes ready to come home with me

What are you planting? Would you barter to get what you need to make your garden grow?


No comments:

Post a Comment