Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Gardening- 4 Weeks After My Last Frost- Weekly Goals


I decide that I was to far ahead in the garden and need to push back a few weeks. I am still using my book Week-by-Week Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook. I found out that my stuff isn't matching up right. 

My book
Weekly Garden Goals
1. Check Crops- check all crops from pest
2. Leeks- hill around stems
3. Strawberry- harvest daily to keep rip ones from going bad. 

My strawberries growing in the pot

4. Rutabaga- plant seeds in the for fall harvest
5. Tomatoes - check for whiteflies if infested use soap water mix to get rid of them. I have to plant mine in the garden this week. I did pot plant over the weekend. 

My Lager Cherry Tomato plant pot 

6. Bush green beans, squash, sweet corn- resow in the garden of needs
7. Asparagus- harvest this week and let grow out into ferns. 
8. Leaf lettuce, radish, and beets- harvest they will continue to grow. You can use the tops of beet for salads too. 
Weighting my freshly picked radishes
9. Carrots- pick baby carrots
10. Cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, and kale- keep an eye out for cabbage warms. 

There is so much going on in my garden. I am out there every free minute I get. I have so many transplants to plant still. I am hoping to get up before work and get them planted. What are you planting this week?

Follow the other Weeks Before Last Frost Weekly goals with the links below.
Gardening 20 Weeks Before My Last Frost- Weekly Goals
Gardening 19 Weeks Before My Last Frost- Weekly Goals
Gardening 18 Weeks Before my Last Frost
Gardening 17 Weeks Before My Last Frost Weekly Goals 
Gardening~ Weeks 16 and Weeks 15 before My Last Frost - Weekly Goals 
Gardening~ 14 Weeks before Average Date of Last Frost
Gardening~ 13 & 12 Weeks before Average Date of Last Frost
Gardening~ 11 Weeks before Average Date of Last Frost 
 Gardening ~ 10 weeks until my last frost - Weekly Goals
Gardening ~ 9 weeks until my last frost ~ Weekly Goals
Gardening~ 8 weeks before my last frost - Weekly Goals
Gardening- 7 weeks before my last frost~ weekly goals 
Gardening ~ 6 and 5 Weeks Before My Last Frost- Weekly Goal 
Gardening ~ 4 Gardening 4 Weeks Before My Last Frost - Weekly Goals 
Gardening~ 3 Weeks Before My Last Frost - Weekly Goals 
Gardening- Week of last frost- garden goals
 

No comments:

Post a Comment