Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Yearly Goals!


2014 Goals

Family

1.       Family Game Night ~ I want to bring back game night. The games will be every Monday night.  It is important that my family stops what they are doing and puts down the electronics and play together.

2.       Coffee Time ~ My little one and I going to have coffee every Friday before she goes to her dad’s house.  This will give us one on one time together. This will also give her a chance to tell me everything. I want to start this now.

3.       Date Night ~ Once a month Hubby and I go out on a date. Whether is it to lake for a picnic or out to dinner. I want once a month for us to have time for just us.

4.       Family letters ~ Write  letter once a month, to Hubby and My little one. I also want to write a letter to my tutu and my Grandpop.

5.       Take at least 5 fun trips this summer. I would like to take out the boat at least 4 times, to go camping at least 4 times. I would also like to do one theme park, one weekend at the beach, and pick peaches and apples this year. I would like also to visit at least one historical site and go to a museum.

Home

1.       I want a visitor friendly home. I know the house can’t be perfected, but I want to keep up on it.

2.       Cleaning the home ~ I’m going to follow my daily chore list and try very hard not to push it off. A clean home means a calmer and more organized me.

3.       Declutter the house ~ once a month go through a room in the house and get rid of stuff we don’t use. I will earth sell it or put it on freecycling.org. It is time to go through what we need and don’t need.

4.       Start a house binder and stick with it. This will help me stay organized.

a.       Have s section for meals, weekly goals, daily goals, cleaning routine, finances, and business. Hiving it all to get there will help me stay organized.

Friends

1.       Make time to have Friends ~ hubby and I are not really people persons. It is hard for us to trust people coming into our home after how many people screwed us I the pass. Trust is a hard thing for us. It is time to have people in our life’s and learn to trust them again.

2.       Summer Time Picnics ~ During the summer, I want to have 2 picnics a month. I want to invite everyone we know and if they come they come. It time we make friends and get out of our shell. We have the land and the time.

3.       Do one act of kindness toward of a friend. Like stopping buy and dropping of a little homemade gift, or spending time with them, or bring soup and dinner if they are sick. It is time I stop thinking of me, me, me and think about others.

Church

1.       Get back to church! ~  last year I stop going, more because they made me feel really pressured on getting married and I didn’t feel conferrable there. Hubby and I have set a date and are saving up to it, I feel more conferrable going.

2.       Reading the Bible ~ I want to Finish the New Testament and start the Old Testament this year. I have done so much better with reading and learn the bible. I think it is important for me to know what God expects from us.

3.       Get involved in the church life ~ my church is a bunch of close people ad they work as a close community. To me that is important. I want to be part of that and be close with my sisters.

4.        Doing Acts that would make God happy ~ I want to donate, or share my time more. I want to give back more than I did this year.

5.       Do Scripture study with my little one daily~ She need to get use to reading and learn what the Bible means.

Pets

1.       Chickens ~ I want to make their coop bigger.

a.       Also get more chickens, maybe 4 or 5 this year.

b.      I also want to spend more time with them as they are babies. This makes them a lot close to use and makes them saver

2.       Cat ~ She is the easiest pet we have. I want to take pellets and build her a room for her to spent time in or hide.

3.       Bees~ This year will be my first year with Bees. I want to learn so much about them and watch them grow and help in the garden.

a.       I need to learn how to take care of them and find a class on them.

4.       Aquaponics ~ I want to give it a try  this year. We found one that we can make cheaply. I want to give it a try when the fish stores start to have the fish I need.

5.       Dog ~ I have been a horrible dog owner. I love my dog, pet and take care of him. But I don’t walk him like I should. This year I want to walk him 3 times a week. He needs it and so do I.

a.        I also want to train him 3 times a week. He is a very well trained dog, but because we don’t do it most the time, he doesn’t listen like he should.

Garden

1.       Grow 500 lbs for food out of the garden ~ I didn’t do a great job of keeping a list of the food I harvest from my gardens. This year a want to do a better job and stay on top of it.

2.       Keep up on weeding and mulching the garden~ this is going to be hard, because I work and have busy weekends, but I’m thinking if I can spend 15-30mins in the garden a day this will be easier. Plus I should then be able to stop issues before the get big.

3.       Try to save seed from all my plants ~ I went total Non-GMO organic Heirloom seeds this year. I cost a lot of money. Hopefully it is only a one time buy and I can save the seeds. This is also better for my garden because you in time will get the best seeds for you area.

4.       Donate ~ I want share some for the stuff I grow I my garden. I was really nice to share my Pineapple sage jelly this year with my mothers and friends.  I want to be able to do that.

5.       Store garden harvest ~  I want to store more stuff that comes out of the gardening that way I can have it after the season is over. This will help me save money and eat healthier.

a.        I want to learn how to use my pressure cooker.

b.      I want to dehydrate more fruits and veggies.

c.       I also want my cold storage to be useful.

Self

1.       Learning more about herbs~ I want to take this year and learn about herbs and how they can help the body. I want to find a way to share this information, I learn with my little one.

2.       Find wood and season it for this winter. We spend $200-300 on wood a year. That just stupid, if can get it for free. This could be a lot of hard work, but it could save us money. We have 3 trees that need to come down, and my parent have trees in their yard. Time to get free wood and stop paying for it. I don’t want to sell the wood, just have enough for our family.

3.       Eat healthier ~ I want to eat out only once a month.

a.       I would like to make sure we have fruit and salad in the house to go with dinner. I also want to eat more food out of the garden.

b.       I also want to add herds and teas to our diets, so we can have the benefits of them.

4.       Reading ~ Reading is important for your body and mind. It help me distress and get out of my world. I want to read 24 books this year.

a.       I also want to do more book reviews. I want to review the book that I have read and let people know my opinion on the book. I think this is important to know how to take about what you read.

5.       Exercise ~ I need to get in shape! I have 40lbs I need to lose to fit into my mom’s wedding dress.

a.       I want to do at least 3 days of cardio, if that is walking the dog or hitting the gym I want to get it in. I need to get moving.

b.      Once a month start a monthly challenge, there are plunk, legs, abs, or anything you can think of. But this way once a month I’m focus in one part of my body daily and still working out.

c.       Yoga once a week. Yoga give you time to stop and stretch and stop stressing about the world! It is an important thing, to do for your body!

Blog
      1.       Get focused on it ~ I have so many ideas, but I don’t write them down.

2.       Give myself 30 minutes a day to work on the blog. That way I will alsswyas have my daily goals, and free books posted.

3.       Work on a daily posts, whether it is garden goals or weekly menu. Just work on posting them.

4.       Facebook page ~ attach the Facebook link to most of my post, also post more of my blog on Facebook.

5.       Hook up with other blogs and work with them to get my numbers bigger.

6.       Focus on my garden more and more about growing ~ The blog is about my life, but gardening seems to be bring people in.

Finances

      1.        Stop using Credit Cards! ~ this is going to be the hardest thing for hubby and I. It needs to be done! I want to get out of debt and if we stop using cards we can do it so, much easier.

2.          Pay off 7 credit cards ~ yes it is sad to say we have that many. I hoping to pay them all off and start fresh.  It will help our credit score and make it easier for us.

3.          Pay off the wedding. We still owe over $1000 on our place plus the carter and drinks. There are many little things to that are important.  I’m hoping to put money aside a month, plus use the 52 Week challenge to have money aside for the wedding. It is very important to me that we pay in cash no cards for our wedding.

4.          Black Friday ~ Ok my favorite day of the year! I shop, I love to shop, but hate spending money. This is the only time I let myself shop a lot is on Black Friday. This year sucked. Because we didn’t have more than $400 to spend. Yes that sounds like a lot, but I hae over 30 people to shop for. This year I’m going to do the 52 week challenge and ask hubby to do it too (out of our personal money) that way we will have a lot of money to spend and it will be fun. Yes, one day a year I save up $1000 and have it to spend on my friends, family, my little one, hubby and myself. I’m ok with that.

5.          Couponing ~ this year I got back into couponing late in the year.  I will be honest t is a huge help having what my family use and not having to spend any extra money in December on meals for my family, (I used what we have in the basement). I was able to bring food to place and cook dinner, and lunch for friends. I was nice not to have to stress about food. This year I want to coupon starting in January and stop in November. Giving my December to eat though the stock pile and have less stress.

6 comments:

  1. I love your post!! ~ So many of the things on your list I want for myself also.. thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Keep me update on how you do with your goals!

      Delete
  2. I like how you wrote your goals out and categorized them. I did my goals the same way, Godbless your journey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think having them in sections makes it easier to focus on them. Did you post your goals? If so hook up the link, I would love to read them!

      Delete
  3. These are wonderful goals, Missy. It’s great that you categorized everything from your family, self, activities, and finances. And in my opinion, the financial goals are the most interesting because most of the people are making that their priority. Well, no one can blame because it’s really important for us to be disciplined in spending and saving, right? Anyhow, good luck on journey and I hope you can pay off all of your debt and increase your credit score.

    Andre @ Credit360Consulting.com

    ReplyDelete

  4. I think a lot of that also has to do with trying to get out of the cycle work to live and would rather live to work. If that makes sence. I want to own my money not someone else!

    ReplyDelete