This Weeks Gardening Goals
1. Strawberries- harvest the ripe strawberries and cut all but 2 runners. These runnings will become new plants for next year.
2. Summer Squash - protect from vine borer. This bug get in the stream of the squash and kill it for the inside out.
3. Bush Beans- plant more seeds
4. Summer Squash, Beans, Carrots, Fall Cabbage, turnip, and Leaf Lettuce - plant seeds in vacated areas where early crops grew.
5. Escarole and Endive - plant for fall harvest
6. Parsley- harvest outer leaves. I read something online a year ago, that you should keep harvesting herbs though out the spring and fall to help them keep growing.
7. Basil- harvest leaves and don't let them go to flower. If they go to flower, they don't taste as good after they go to flower.
8. Snow peas- harvest while still flat
Live is busy here, but I love grabbing any chance I get in the garden. How is your garden coming along?