Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Preserving & Storing- Canning Pineapple Sage Jelly

The biggest reason for buying my pineapple sage was to turn into jelly for my hams! I came across this recipe in one of my Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving. (I'm not going to be able to share the recipe because I followed it identically)

My pineapple sage
I thought that I could share The experience with you!

I love my tea strainer
I boiled the leaves and let them stand in my tea drainer. 

So much easier!
By using my teacher reader I was able to save myself a half-hour and measure out perfectly the amount of Pineapple Sage tea I need it. 

Steam bath anyone?
I followed the recipe added the sugar and vinegar and put it into my canning jars then I boiled it! I really like this recipe because as I was taking the jams out of the boiling water they were popping. At save me a lot of time but not having to sit and wait and listen for them to pop. 

Finish Product!! MMMMmmm
I had now for half pints of pineapple sage gym which should be enough to cover for hams. I also have 1/4 pints of jam. I'm going to share the quarter pints of jam and one half pint of jam with family. 
Have you ever made gym using herbs, if so what kind and how did they turn out?

Here is more information on How I Harvest My Pineapple Sage

No comments:

Post a Comment