Saturday, April 5, 2014

Gardening - My Gardening Journal ~ Artichokes

  This year I have a plan where I'm going to dig up around the left side of my garden and plant my artichokes. I can't wait to see them growing.

I artichokes seed packet

I planted 8 artichokes seeds on March 20th, 2014. I used 3 year old seed packet (Artichoke - Green globes improved and purple Of Romagna, from Botanical Interests) I don't normal have any luck growing them. But I will keep trying. This are the last out of this packet. If they don't grow well, this year I'm going to try a new seed company.

They should come up on April 3rd.

They will be planted, they weekend of Mother's Day. They need to be planted in groups of 3, four feet apart. 

What are you planting in your garden? Are you starting your seeds indoor? 

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog -- I'd like mine to be more like it with how you are doing on your goals & other, but even with this example still not quite sure how to do it.

    As to growing seeds inside, at our house nearly every window sill is filled, flat surfaces are in danger of being lost and seedlings are even covering the top of the bed in the master bedroom! (A true garden bed! Seedlings are our guests, but they are taking over!)

    Hope your days go well with everything you do.

    ReplyDelete