Friday, April 18, 2014

Gardening ~ Gardening Goals - 4 Weeks Before My Last Frost (praying) Weekly Goals 2014


 According to my book Week-by-Week Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook, I am on Week 4, but I am so far behind. I am still playing catch up. This cold weather just makes me want to stay in bed with a book! Okay I know we have been spoiled the last few year and had light winters. Spring is coming in my garden though, I can see it is trying! Time for me to start to try!


Green Daffodil

 Weekly Goals
  1.  Harden off ~ broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce,cabbage, and brussels sprouts. Do this by using a green house before planting into the ground. I have to get my green house up and ready.
  2. Plant seeds ~ I have so many seeds to plant! Every seed I want to grow needs to get planted this week.
  3. Clean up Gardens ~ My Gardens are a huge mess. It has been so cold, getting outside is hard. I have to get to it though. Luckly I have a 4 day weekend still. I am hoping to be in the garden everyday except Easter!
  4. Trees ~ I want to give them a little bit of fertilizer and new mulch. The girls have been taking the mulch off the trees. 
  5. Bugs ~ Cleaning up my Rabbit Area, I came across at least 3 ant homes. I don't normal do this but because of the way the ants destroy my garden last year. I'm going to lay poison feed in their path. I don't want to kill all the ants. Last year I had over 40 different ant homes in my gardens. They were farming Aphids which were killing my plants. I'm hoping if i can take out a few ant colonies then maybe I will have less trouble this year!

What are your goals this week?

My Apricot Tree's blooms

No comments:

Post a Comment