Thursday, May 8, 2014

Gardening and Cooking - Sautéed Asparagus

One of the best things that having a gardening is to be able to harvest your vegetables fresh!  I personally believe that freshly picked vegetables always taste better!

This week we're harvesting our asparagus spears out of the garden. Because my little one loves to just eat them raw. I don't always have a lot to cook with. So convincing her to leave me the pound was a hard thing to do, but she did. 


Love this picture!

I'm going to divide it in half and make two different recipes. The first one is sautéed asparagus!

Sautéed asparagus isn't easy recipe! All you need is about a tablespoon of butter and a half a pound asparagus. 

Mmmm

Melt the butter in the pan and sauté up the Spera guess about 5 to 7 minutes. Then you can add salt and pepper to taste, and serve. 

My family loves this recipe! How do you cook your asparagus?

Dinner is waiting to be harvested!

No comments:

Post a Comment