Saturday, November 7, 2020

Daily Goals - November 7, 2020

 

It is a beautiful Saturday, here in PA. I don’t know if you would believe it was November, if the calendar didn’t say it. This is one reason; I didn’t pull all my plants out of the ground. It is supposed to be low 70* here today. The election votes are still be counted; I can’t believe this. It is been for 3 days now. Plus, our COVID-19 cases are at all time high. Higher than they were went we started quarantine. I am glad they are shutting us down like they did last time. It worries me though. I don’t want to be closed again. I am going to have a huge issue though if something doesn’t happen, because I only making ½ of what I was making in Jan/Feb. Unemployment is only paying ½ of the money, I am missing and it ends in January. I will have to replace kids, or force them to come back fully and I don’t like either option. I think the hard part of this, is I didn’t cause my business to crash the quarantine did! I was chart to make the most money this year since the daycare opened. I know we are one of the lucky ones, because we live below our means, and hubby has a job making good money where he is essential. It still stresses me out though. I hate not pulling my share on the bill. That is why I am focusing more on homesteading. That way we can start to have our food grown here, and be healthier, happier and more loved food then we have ever eaten. It will also help up with the cost of everything going up.

Cooking with kids


    
Well today, I don’t have many goals. Why you ask it’s the weekend and you don’t have little ones running around. We are going to work on a homestead goal today that will help reduce our heating bill. We ordered 2 cords of wood. This will should be enough wood to get us though the winter. It is a lot of wood though and it need to be stacked. That will take time.

Today’s Goals

·         Homestead goal – Stack firewood.

·         Clean up kitchen – We made the eclairs yesterday. They didn’t come out right, I tried tripling the recipe 2 times. Okay didn’t have to do that because the amount on the recipe was wrong. I don’t think the batter every came together. I worked on them all day. When I stopped, I just walked away. Leaving my poor kitchen, a hot mess.

·         Weekly Goals – Set up my weekly goals for next week. Print out my daily checklist for a clean and organized house. Setting my week lets me work toward my yearly goals.

Our eggs worked we could bouncy them

Yesterday’s Goals

·         Work I work from 6:30-about 5:30pm. This week we will be learning about the Letter Ee. We learning about Eskimos. It is so much fun to learn about other cultures and talk about what is going on around other parts of the world. We will finish watching Inside Out, we got through ½ it yesterday. I worked until about 5:50pm yesterday, parent got stuck in traffic due to stalled car. That is the life of a daycare provider. You never really know what time you will be done. We did have a lot of fun learning yesterday.

·         Baking To celebrate the letter e we are going to make eclairs during morning nap! (Take 2). We were so excited to do this but the order came around 11am and we won’t have had time to go outside. (which is so important to little ones) and I forgot the butter. Hubby was amazing and picked it up for me on the way home. So we should have everything we need this time. We made them. They did not puff up though. What do you do? You call them inside out eclairs and eat them. They still tasted good.

·         Kids Knore – Our Egg project should be done. It is time to see if it worked. The kids are so excited. Hubby going to help me do a Facebook live on my daycare page Cassi’s Place. We are hoping to do it around 10am. If you have kids, you know best lay plans don’t always happen on time. We did bounce our eggs. The kids loved it! They played with them for about 10 minutes until everyone’s broke. We didn’t do a Facebook live but we did post a video on Facebook the kids loved it.

·         Gardening Time – We are going to pick some of our winter berries. I had one plant stay alive. It has berries on it. I will post pictures on Instagram ‘missylifeofaworkingmom’ and on Facebook ‘Pa Gardeners’. Come check them out. We didn’t get outside until after nap. Eclairs take forever to make if you don’t know what you are doing.

·         Home - We are going to move the firewood in crates into place today. We are hoping to move all the wood out of the yard this weekend. I don’t know why I thought we could do this goal. I must have forgotten that it gets dark before I’m done work.

 

Inside out Eclairs

Sorry I went on more and more this morning. Like I said in my I’m Back post, I’m going to be using my blog as my journal. A place to put out what I’m feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment