Sunday, November 1, 2020

I'm back

 

Hi everyone,

I know, I haven’t been on in a long time. I don’t have any good reasons. Just stress and not the time in my life. I’m going to go back to making my blog about my life journey and more like a journal. I will still talk about what I do to stay moving forward. I will post about garden, have a college student, and daycare. I will add some other stuff like my new hobby Cricut and how that is going. This is going to be my space.

What is going on here, well we are recovering for the pandemic. I was out of work for 3 months. That was a very stressful time for me. I am self employed and most of my income is write off of the house. Even though people think child care make so much money, it really doesn’t. My personal income never really mattered, because hubby and I agree that most stuff will be in hubby’s name. He has a great job, and it’s easier because his income doesn’t fluctuate, where mine can. Even though this was a super stressful and sad time, because it was my daughter’s senior year, and we missed all the big thing that we were looking forward too. It was also a nice time. We were in quarantine rules for 3 months, mean my daughter was home with us for 3 months. I had so much more time with her, then I have ever had. (If God ever bless us with another child, I will homeschool) This time was so special, because I wouldn’t have had it. It would have gone by so fast. Also, hubby was home! He worked from home until October. That was such a blessing! It saved us gas money, which was nice because I didn’t get any income until end of May. (talk about stress my business was making over $4,000 a month to nothing) I am so thankful we life below our income levels and had a savings.  I am so thankful, my daughter headed to college and the have class! I started a garden, and back to work, but only 50% because daycare parents are still being affected by governor Wolfs crazy lockdowns. We are working hard pay off all debts, and replace the money in the saving. Our goal is to only have the house payment by next year. I don’t want to have a huge debt, and be worrying about it, if this ever happens again.

Gardening

 I’m so excited to say we spend money and got the gardening up and going! That was so exciting! I had a lot of time throughout the pandemic, because I had no daycare kids. Yes, I missed my littles so much and talk to them weekly it wasn’t the same. I did have my nephew and niece. I am the only one really in the family that could work with the crazy homeschool stuff. Therefore, they were with me 3-4 days a week. Together we planted a garden. I love the garden and set it up as another spacious area for the daycare kids. I never sprayed anything on the garden other than water, it was 100% organic, because kids always eat right then and there. When my daycare kids came back, they loved it. Everyday we went to the garden harvest food. It was such a great investment. Plus, we harvest so much food out of it this year.

College student, This is a hard one for this mommy. I miss you daughter more than anything. But I’m so proud of her and the hard work she is doing! I’m so proud of her school and the hard work they are doing with keep the kids safe. It’s not a normal college experience, we want for her. It is though so much better than being home and doing online classes. She is doing amazing! She trying for Dean’s list, made the cheerleading, and join 3 clubs. She is making friends and having fun. Which is all this mommy want for her!

Daycare

Daycare is back up and running. It has been more stressful, because I’m working the normal hours, but with less then 50% pay. I lost 3 kids, one parent is working from home, one lost her job. Then I have 4 kids, that didn’t come back to their normal schedule. At some point they are suppose to, I pray it happens soon. Then 3 came back as normal. I have added my nephew to the daycare to help him with home schooling. Though that made the day very stressful, until the change the format. Now it makes the days a little easier.

New hobby

 Hubby bought me the cricut, during the pandemic. We made my daughter’s room into our craft room. (not done yet, still working on it) I took a course on cricut. The point of the cricut is to help me make fun daycare stuff for the kids! Hubby and I have also been making shirts for friends. We also start making wooden projects. We are hoping to be able to make some to sell, to help us with cost of the hobby, and we have people offering to pay for the stuff for us to try to make them. But now I have an area for me.

This has been my life right now. How are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment