Sunday, November 8, 2020

Gardening time - 29 weeks after my last frost

 

I love my Garden time. It gives me a chance to be outside away from everything. Winter is coming though, which means it will be cold and get dark early. Therefore, there won’t be a much to do in the gardens. In Pa we will get snow, not a lot but several storms. At this time, I don’t have any grow tunnels. I do though have an amazing green house. I also have 2 aquaponic tanks in the house. I do get to grow a little more in the winter. I did reorder my Week-by-Week Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook and it came. This book has always helped me know where I should be during the season. It helps me so much with my garden. I am in Southeast Pa, zone 6b. Our last frost was April 24th, 29 weeks after my last frost. This is important to know what week you are on to use the book. This book gives you 4-5 things you should be working on. I will not write all of it and will adjust it to what I’m doing.

29 Weeks after last frost

v  Clean up around the green house. My Greenhouse needs a lot of love. It is such a hot mess I can’t get in it.

v  Weed the green house. I haven’t been in the green house this growing season, I bet there will be huge over growth.

v  Paint the roof of the Green house. It has been painted in a few years. I want it to last a long time. Painting it will help.

v  Order more hay. This will either be a huge help for my gardens or the biggest pain I’ have ever done.

v  Start to pick up the floor in the green house and organize it. Go though pots and start to clean them for next season.

v  Start to plan next years gardens. What do I want to grow?

I am a goal person. Being able to cross things of makes me so excited. What are you doing to make your garden grow?

No comments:

Post a Comment