Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Life with a college student

 

Being a college student mom, Is so strange. It is a bunch of different feelings altogether. I’m so proud of my daughter! She got into her dream school, and got okay scholarships. We told her the sky is the distance and to go out of state. We want to her to see what is out and in the world. But my doing that she picked a school many states away. We love the school, and know it is the best place for her. She is living on campus and have live class so that is a true blessing. Having my baby so far away is just so said though.

She is becoming her own person. It is amazing to her what she is learning and how her opinions are changing into herself and not a mix of her four parents. Now she is being her. It also sad to miss things like her 1st election. She voted and was so excited about it. I’m proud she did it!

I’m proud of how hard she is working. She has a 4.0 right now! We don’t push grades, as long as she passes and tries her best. She pushes herself with grades. She tried out for the cheer team even after saying she wasn’t going to because she was afraid, she wouldn’t make it. She made it!! She joined the running club. The bed brigaded with is a group that helps make furnisher for people that are less unfortunate. She also join a researcher club and she got a job. She is super busy.  What parent wouldn’t be impressed.

We talk all the time thanks to texting and facetiming. We do have a schedule facetime on Sundays. But thoughout the week she will call. I love that!

It was had to have a family event with out her. My brothers birthday was the 1st one we had that she wasn’t there. Then little things she would have loved like out door movie night and BBQ (yes, we aren’t the best quarantine family, but we are so intermixed because of way our family set up is. My brothers help my parents and sometimes work together, and I watch my nephew to homeschool him. So, its all mix up in our family, one gets it we all will) Then my birthday without her. She facetimed, but honestly that was the hardest. Not seeing her or having her on my brithday.

There are days I miss her and like I wish I could just hug her. There are days I want to cry. But I am a proud of and happy for her.

Do you have a child in college or off to college soon? An tips for this mom? Let me know. Once a week, I will touch base on how it going.  

No comments:

Post a Comment