Monday, November 30, 2020

Gardening Time - Ordering seeds

 

    One of my favorite times of year is the time where I get to plan my garden and order seeds. I love seeds, because I love plants. This year we are going to work a lot on growing our plants from seeds. I’m hoping to grow enough plants to have them for my garden and be able to sell them cheap ($0.50-$1) Just to cover the cost of the seeds and stuff we need for the garden. I don’t want to make a profit. I just want to cover my cost. I mean you get 300 onion seeds, I won’t need 300, if I can sell then to make up the difference that would be amazing. If not, I will give them away.

I’m chancing the way we are eating and also need spring and fall crops. From Baker Creek, I ordered onions, spinach, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, luffa (I know I need that seed). I also ordered their Catalog, honestly that was the reason I went to their site. I love their catalog, it has so much awesome info in it. I can’t wait for the seeds to come in.


I also placed an order with Urban Farmer. This will be the 1st time I order through them. I got a coupon for 15% off for Cyber Monday. I need potato seeds for the year and asparagus, for the new asparagus garden. I will transfer asparagus roots we have but new roots will be nice too. I’m hoping that this company is better than the last one I used.

What seeds are you ordering for the year? Would you rather start from seeds or buy transplants? Check out my other 18-17 weeks before average date of last frost goals. Let me know what you are doing in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment