Monday, November 30, 2020

Gardening Goals ~ 18-17 Weeks Before Average Frost Date

The Week-by-Week Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook has flipped to the being again. This is one reasons I love this book so much. I can use it over and over again. Can you believe we are going to start seeds for 2021 Garden!!! I’m so excited. 2020 Gardening has harvested 151.28lbs of food! 😄 My goal was 100 lbs. We are still harvesting celery, rosemary, and sage out of the garden. My garden has become completely kid friendly, meaning nothing but water is going on it. My littles are little most are 3 and under, they grab food and eat it. I don’t want them to fear eating anything.

18-17 Weeks before average frost date

v  Clean up around the green house. Work on organizing it.

v  Place Seed orders- The magazines will be coming in soon, but I know there are something I want no matter what. I want to get them ordered.

v  Paint the roof of the Green house. It has been painted in a few years. I want it to last a long time. Painting it will help.

v  Hook up the heat to the green house.

v  Sow Herbs – Start Thyme and Parsley seeds.

v  Sow Vegetables – Start Onion and leeks.

v  Start to plan next year’s gardens. What do I want to grow?

I am so thankful this year for having the time to get back into my garden.  Know COVID-19 was a huge pain, but it did give me so much time for my garden and a chance to geek out about it. We have plans to extent it this year. Then it will be as big as I want it until we decide if we want to move or not. What are you doing in your garden?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment