Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Gardening time - Rosemary and Vicks plant cutting

 Gardening Time

            Time to talk about what is going on in our gardens. Gardening is one of my favorite things to do and gives me a break from everything. I am an outside person, meaning when I’m outside I personal feel better and more relaxed.  The question is what are we doing in our gardening now. This time of the year is hard because the 1st frost has hit. But I’m always finding something to do, learn or plant.

Getting ready to plant 

 If you have been following me on Instagram or Facebook at Pa Gardeners, you would know we took cuttings about a month ago from rosemary and vicks plant. I have had them sitting in water until 2 night ago trying to root them. I think they did pretty well.

Vicks Plant cutting 

Rosemary cuttings, Look at those roots 🤯




With both plants I did the same thing in planting them. I did was put a coffee filter in the pot. This helps keep the dirt in the pot. After that, I used seed start soil and got it wet before putting in the pot. (What an amazing tip from Jason at Cog Hill Family Farm on YouTube!) Then I put 2 holes in the rosemary pots and three in the vicks plant pots. I planted the cutting. After that, I water the plants, which helps get any dirt that was on the cutting come off. I will water these this week every day, because they were used to being in water. Then I will start cutting off the watering everyday slowly.


Rosemary 
Have you made any cutting this year to make into plants for next year? How are they coming along? I love to see photos. If you want to see more photos of my cutting and the process of planting them join my on Instagram at missylifeofaworkingmom. I posted more pictures on there. You can also join me on Facebook at Pa Gardeners for more of my gardening adventures

Vicks Plant


No comments:

Post a Comment