Monday, December 3, 2012

2012 Prepping Monthly Goals


This week Hubby and I were watching Doomsday Preppers, on TV. We saw a women putting up dried fruit, and said to hubby "We could be doing that and we would have a stock pill of it. This would be something I can have ready if something happens, but if the nothing does we will still eat it before it goes bad."

This Month's Goal for Prepping 2012 ~ A Case of Dried Bananas (Pint sized)

By the end of this month I'm hoping to have a case of bananas. That is one pint a month if something happen. (I would like to dry other fruits too; therefore I don't want millions of just dry bananas.

To Dry Bananas ~

Peel, Cut, and place banana on dehydrator

Dry for 16-20 hours

Check if dry, the let cool for 30-45 mins

Place in jars


7 bananas only gave me 1 pint and a few in the second. I found out I'm going to need lots of bananas.

Other thing that came up is I want foodsaver-wide-mouth-jar-sealer. The Foodsaver will suck all the air out of the jars and make them saver for my home! Hubby also bought a DIY-Projects-Self-Sufficient-Homeowner-Self-Reliant book today because it has a plan for Solar Dryer. I would love to have it for the summer so that I can dry the fruit we pick from the orchards. Plus it is a way to save food if something happens in the future.

What are you doing to plan for the worst, while praying for the best?


No comments:

Post a Comment