Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Gardening~ Week 19 before My Last Frost- Order Trees


   This year I do want to add fruit trees to my yard! My Aunt is giving us 2 peach trees this spring. I can't wait, she got over 20lbs off them last year! I also want two orange trees. Yes that right orange tree in Pa! There is a place in East Earl, called Conestoga and the sell trees that produce orange this year and you can plant them outside! I'm so happy. They are a little costly though, at $30 a piece, but fresh vitamin C in the yard. It is worth it. While I'm there I want to talk to someone that will know what to pair with my pear tree. I know I'm going to need $100 for this tree farm.

http://www.dalscape.com/Advice.html

          I also want to want to join the Arbor Day Foundation and get 10 trees for $10.00.  I am not sure what trees I want to get, I thinking more to just plan out in the back. I would love to also get 2 apricot trees out of those ten, some maple, and the rest cedar.

Arbor Day Foundation - Free trees

      If I have it my way, by the end of next spring, I'll have 2 Mulberry trees, a Cherry tree, a Walnut tree, a Fruit Cocktail tree, 3 Peach trees, 2 Orange trees, 2 Apricot trees, 2-4 Maple trees,4-6 Cedar trees.

Do you have fruit trees in your yard? If so what kinds?

Follow my garden adventurers on Facebook PA Gardeners  

Follow the other Weeks Before Last Frost Goals with the links below.

No comments:

Post a Comment