Saturday, December 22, 2012

Gardening~ 18 Weeks Before My Last Frost - Weekly Goals Wrap up


This week I can say I did most of my goals this week! 

 
 
My extra peat pellet


                               1. Make your own germinating mix- This one I'm working on. I'm not in a rush because I have 42 peat pellet seeds. I do though already start to get what I need for my mix. I have water storing Crystals, my friends picking up 2 bags of peat mix, and I also price Organic Miracle Grow potting mix. It is going to cost me like $25, for everything, but should give me more than enough to do most of my transplants. (I'll post about it when I do it)


        
 
2. Order Asparagus, and rhubarb crowns- I bought my asparagus roots, and I saw some wonderful bulbs and I couldn't help but by them! I got daffodils because they are my favorite. My whole driveway box is filled with daffodil bulbs; I thinking for the military boxes. I got the Tulips bulbs for my hubby in memory of his grand mom. Hubby loved the iris so he grabbed them, but don't know where we are going to put them.
                                                      
 

                       
                             3. Plant Herbs - Parsley and thyme- I was so excite to start this goal! It was the first thing I did on the goal list. This was the funniest goal. I planted 24 seeds of each plant but I'm not expecting them all to grow, because the seeds are between 1-2 years old. Exciting news is that the  Thyme started to grow already!

   
4. Plant - Leek and sweet Spanish onion seeds- I planted 24 of each seed, hoping that at least on comes up in each pellet. Happy to say they did start to come up! I also worked on adding them to my Seed Journal on the computer. It is get having a journal to go back and see what I have going on.

How did you do with your weekly Goals? Did you get them done? Did you have fun planting your first seed for the 2013 garden?

Follow my garden adventurers on Facebook PA Gardeners
Follow the 18 Weeks Before Last Frost Weekly goals with the links below.
Gardening ~ 18 Weeks Before My Last Frost - Weekly Goals
 

No comments:

Post a Comment