Saturday, December 8, 2012

Gardening~ 20 Weeks Before Last Frost goals- Inventory gardening tools

      This goal has been calling my name! I had to break it down into a two day project. Today I worked on organizing my pots. (I use a lot of pots to start seeds inside.) Tomorrow, I will inventory my tools!

      I have so many pots! I made the common mistake that is made, by just throw your pots in the storage area without organizing and clean them.
Unorganized! :(


Today I took 3 hours to organize my pots! Here is the list of the pots I have going into 2013!


Pots for start plants for 2013
3          New 72 cells seed planter kits
3          Old 72 cells seed planter kits
1          ½ replacement 72 cells seed planter kits
3          Peat pellet 36 cell green house
1          peat pellet 72 cells planter kit
4          old big pot planter kits
2          replacement old big pot planter kits
8          15” pot
2          12” pot
2          12” hanging pot
4          9 ½” pot new
11        9 ½” pot old
4          7½” pot new
7          7½” pot old
7          5 ¼” pot new
6          5 ¼” pot new
9          5” pot
7          4 ½” pot
5          4” pot
2          3 ½” pot
2          3” pot
56        2 ½” pot
20        1 ¼ qt. pot
7          1qt. pot
11        ¼ qt. pot
3          ¼ qt. pot
2          old tree pots
6          6 cell 2 ¼ qt. pots
7          6 cell 1qt. pots
13        4 cell 1qt. pots
6          8qt dirt blocks
1          2’x1 ½’ green house
1          3’x1’ rack
3          sprinklers
2          circle sprinklers
1          4’ hose
1          hose head
1          working grow light

      Having this information on hand will be so helpful, when I go to start plan which plants need to be started. After I went though all my pots, I put them away nicely. Hubby was happy to see the basement a little organized.
Doesn't it look nice when organized!
      
Now looking at what I have I can start to plan what I want to go in the bigger pots, which will be around the garden and on the porch!

What do you have to start your seeds? Do you start them indoor in pots or outdoor right into the ground?

This week goals are showing in this post.
Gardening 20 Weeks Before My Last Frost - Weekly Goals 
Gardening 20 Weeks Before Last Frost Goals- Inventory Seeds 
 Gardening 20 Weeks before Frost Goals - Remove Spoiled Seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment