Saturday, December 15, 2012

Gardening- Winter Weeding

Not to bad
      Today it was 46* outside and I had off. I decided to get outside and weed some of the garden. I started in my garden box 2. It not that bad but there is some green in there and getting it out, will make spring easier. I don't use too many tools, just a bowl, gloves, shovel, and rake.

My Garden Tools for Weeding

Pointy weed

     I found this weed in the garden. I don't know the name of it, but it grows 3'-4' tall, and pointy and hurt! I pull them out right away. These plants you need to dig deep for because of roots are long, and if you miss any of them they come back. :(
.

Pointy weed and its roots


     I also found clovers in the garden. I pulled them too. Who knew all this grows throughout the winter.

winter clovers

I did find lettuce in the garden. I don't remember planting it, but love the fact it’s growing.

Winter lettuce

     My strawberries plant are there and doing well. Which is great, I am hoping to transplant them in fount of my wheat this year!

Strawberry Plants

     I loving the winter garden weeding, because I turn up the soil, in hopes the weed seed start to grow (it has been warm enough here) and I can pull them out before they get to big. 
Bye-Bye Weeds
Finished garden :)
What's going on in your garden?

Follow my garden adventurers on Facebook PA Gardeners

No comments:

Post a Comment