Sunday, December 9, 2012

Gardening~ 20 Weeks Before Last Frost goals- Inventory gardening tools (tool bag)

My gardening tool bag
Here is what I believe is needed in a garden bag! :)

Hat and gloves
  
I believe as a gardener you need good gloves, I have many pairs of gloves. I have this horrible habit of taking them off and misplacing them somewhere in the garden. The other reason a have so many is because if they get muddy then I can use a different one. I also believe you need a good hat. I like the pink hat. It has a huge rim, and it can be folded up and put in the tool bag.

Shears
     I have two pairs, the area great to have to cut everything that is need, for unwelcome vines, to branches from trees or bushes.
Shovels and hand rake

     I have to shovels, I should have cleaned before I put away. I use the littler one a lot more can't you tell? I use the little one to get the weeds out of the garden boxes. It is so much easier!

Tool for bulbs, twisty wire, and garden staples

These are my favorite tools, and the ones I use all the time. :) The tool for the bulbs is my favorite tool of all times! The reason I use it though isn't for bulbs, it is to transplant my seedlings. It is perfect for taking out the amount of dirt need to put transplant. (I'll show what I mean when I go to transplant this year) The twisty wire, this was an amazing fine at the dollar store. It is just like bread twisty wire and you can use around your plants to help hold up tomato plants and other plants. The staples help hold everything where I want it. Love when things stay in place!
My bag
I took my hubby's tool bag! We made it my own. :) This is a huge help because it has a great handle, and so many pockets, and huge middle part that I can shove anything in.

Follow my garden adventurers on Facebook PA Gardeners  


No comments:

Post a Comment