Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Garden Goals 2013


One of my many Seed Catalog
I had to laugh, as I got into hubby's truck, I found my first Seed Catalog for the season, and it came after I made my goals for 2013! Way for God to keep me on track! This year I have many goals ad want a lot out of the garden, which in turns means I need to but a lot into it! Here is what I have planned for next year!
Gardening Goals For 2013
                  1.    Get more Chicks- Sell their eggs to make back the feed money!
2.    Grow a 1,000 lbs. of food- I want to be able t say my garden with feed me and my family! I watch a blogger grow 2,000 lbs. so it is doable, but I think 1,000 for this year because I’m a weekend gardener!
3.    Get Bees- Hubby and I have talked about bees and the benefits to have them. Their honey, beeswax, and they will pollinate the garden. Honey bees are a struggling to live because of people killing them with pesticides but we need them to take care of our plants and flowers!
4.    Plant more Trees- I’m going to get 2 peach trees from my aunt, I put away $100 for 2 orange trees, and a pear. I’m also going to join the Arbor Foundation and get 10 trees for $10.
5.    Plant a new fruit- I have told hubby that I want different types of fruit bushes around the house. Fruit is so expensive, and if I can provide my family with flirt it is less money in the end I pay for! Last year I put in two blueberry bushes. This year I would like to put in 2 pink lemonade bushes. That gives me 5 blueberry bushes; I think that would be enough for my little one.
 
Hubby was teasing me this morning while I was looking though the catalog saying I looked like a kid in a candy store! I smiled at him and told him I was, but all the candy was health fruits and vegetables for our family!
What are your garden goals for this year? Come and follow me on mine! Join me on Pa Gardeners

No comments:

Post a Comment