Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Gardening Tip- trash cans

While doing my reading, I came across an good idea. Look for sales of trash cans.

There are many ways you can use trash cans in your garden. One way they can be used is to hold water. They can hold the rain water, and then you have water in cases of a drought. I have a well therefore having stored rain water, is a big deal to me.

www.familyhandyman.com/DIY-Projects/Green-Home/Saving-Water/how-to-build-a-rain-barrel/View-All

Another thing you can do with trash cans is to plant potatoes in it. I reading about lasagna gardening and the subjected using trash cans to plant potatoes. They used on hay and the potatoes grow, but I haven't tried it. I have thought about it though, we have many broken trash cans, and they might be turned into potatoes trash can.

http://makeyourowngreenhouse.blogspot.com/2011/04/how-to-grow-potatoes-in-garbage-can.html?m=1

Trash cans also be used to put weeds in and pulled to the compost bin. This is a huge help if you don't have a wheel barrel. You can fill it up and then move it, a lot easier than carrying it by hand.



Do you use trash cans in your garden? How would you use them?

 
 Follow my garden adventurers on Facebook PA Gardeners

No comments:

Post a Comment