Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Time to Clean The Planting Pots to Grow My Seedlings :)

      This weekend I worked on cleaning plants pots, that way I transplant my leeks out of my mini green house. Now I have so many pots, that is why I only was what I need at the time. Plus everything is kept in my basement so I feel like they are cleaner if I only do what I need.
All my pots!!!
     Now to clean my pots, that I need to get ready to transplant. I use warm water to clean them, and a little bit of soap. Then I rise them off in 6 gallons of water to 1-2 tablespoon of vinegar. My book The Week-by-Week Vegetable Gardener's Handbook: Make the Most of Your Growing Season. 
said do 1 part bleach to 9 part water, I don't use bleach in the house, so I used vinegar.

Warm vinegar water- Soapy hot water
 Then I let them air dry for 24 hours.
Using my unusable dishwasher as a drying rack
Now they are ready to be planted in! Leek here is your new home. :)

 Follow my garden adventurers on Facebook PA Gardeners

No comments:

Post a Comment