Wednesday, January 16, 2013

How I transplant my sprouted seeds

Transplanted Spouts :)
Today I got time to transplant the rest of my leeks, 5 of my curly parsley, and 1 flat leave parsley. Here is what I did.
1. I found my clean pots (click here to see how I clean my pots with vinegar)
My Clean pots
 2. I label my pots.
3. I use my homemade dirt (click here to read how I made my dirt)

4. Fill the pot up and inch. I do this so the roots have room to grow on the bottom.

5. I add the pellet to the dirt.
 

 6. I gentle hold the plant so I can add the dirt.

7. I add the dirt. I use a cup so I couldn't take a picture.

8. If there are many of the seeds that spouted I'll transplant them all together in a couple of weeks see which ones are the best.

9. I don't pat down the dirt, so a little will sink down. I water from the bottom so most won't sink and it will get the root more room to span out. I also water at the bottom hoping that it will help the roots want to grow toward the bottom.

This is how I get my transplants ready for the garden. They will stay in this pots until April. They will be move to the green greenhouse and then to the big one before they get planted. That will happen when there is not more room in the basement, for them.

Do you transplant your pellet in bigger pots, or just plant them with the pellet? 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment