Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Goals For 2013


Personal
   1. Lose 12 lbs ~ I weight 156 and the weight I should be is 120. That means I’m 36 lbs over weight. It took me 10 years to put it on so I’m going to give myself time to let it come off! I’m going to blog about this goal by itself and have many ways to help me lose the weight!

    2. Read 24 books this year ~ there are several free books on Amazon, and the library has many books, so this one the only challenge is to have time to read them.

   3. Do 24 project~ I want to be craftier, and with Pinstert that is so easy!

   4. Learn to crochet ~ I got this awesome book that teaches you how to. I also want to make a hat glove and scarf for my whole family!

Marriage
   1. Read 2 marriage books~ I believe this helps me reset my mind and not think only about me. This makes us stronger!
   2. Have one date night a month~ It is said that date night help save marriage. I look at this way, I choose this man to spend my life with so I don’t want to forget why, or grow apart. This helps reconnected to each other.
   3. Take a weekend getaway ~ I like to celebrate our anniversary. I think it is important to remember the date and make it special. Every couple needs time to be a couple, and by taking a weekend getaway, it gives us time to leave everything at home, and just focus on us!
  4. Do something special for Hubby once a month ~ it doesn’t have to be big, just something for him to know that I’m always thinking of him and I love him!

Child

   1. Read 12 books together~ I love this age because she and I can find books we both like and read then and discuss them.

   2. Have one movie night a month~ whether we go to the movies or rent one, just have popcorn and fun family time!

   3. Have one game night a month~ where we sit down turn everything else off and have fun together!

   4. Help her learn to shot her bow better ~ Hubby set up a range in the yard so we just have to practice.

Business/blog
   1. Have all books done the each month~ This is one of my goals that I’m going to have trouble with, because it have hard time sitting down and make time to do business work.
   2. Get 2,000 views on my blog.
   3. Make 2 posts a day on my blog
   4. Make 3 posts a day on my Facebook account.

Gardening Goals For 2013
 1.    Get more Chicks- Sell their eggs to make back the feed money!
  2.    Grow 1,000 lbs. of food- I want to be able to say my garden with feed me and my family! I watch a blogger grow 2,000 lbs. so it is doable, but I think 1,000 for this year because I’m a weekend gardener! (I’ll be posting about this!)
3.    Get Bees- Hubby and I have talked about bees and the benefits to have them. Their honey, beeswax, and they will pollinate the garden. Honey bees are a struggling to live because of people killing them with pesticides but we need them to take care of our plants and flowers!
4.    Plant more Trees- I’m going to get 2 peach trees from my aunt, I put away $100 for 2 orange trees, and a pear. I’m also going to join the Arbor Foundation and get 10 trees for $10.
5.    Plant a new fruit- I have told hubby that I want different types of fruit bushes around the house. Fruit is so expensive, and if I can provide my family with flirt it is less money in the end I pay for! Last year I put in two blueberry bushes. This year I would like to put in 2 pink lemonade bushes. That gives me 5 blueberry bushes; I think that would be enough for my little one.

Organization
   1. Have a visitor Friendly Home~ I want have a clean home; I’m so sick of being worried about what someone would think if they just stopped over. I’m not saving a spotless house, but not so messy. I’ll be posting my weekly cleaning schedule, within the next few days!
   2. Use the house Binder~ this will help me be more organized.
   3. Keep up coupons binder~ this will help me look for the coupons I need faster and help me keep using coupons.
   4. Use the food Chart~ House Binder I have a list of the foods I have in my home, this way I can plan dinners with what I have. Also will help me plan meals with what is in the home, and help coupon because I know what I need to buy.  
Financial
   1. Pay off 3 creditors ~ I would love to say get out of debt, but it took me 10 years to get where we are so it’s going to take me time to get where I want to be.
   2. Only spend $150 a month on groceries~ this one is doable, but will be hard. Come follow me and see how low you can get your grocery bill!
   3. Have $1000 in savings, this is going to be hard because we don’t have any saving and we need to have money to put aside, which will be hard to do.
   4. Only pay cash~ I don’t want to be in more debt, so it I have the cash it will be easy not to over spend. I will buy gift cards to use for gas, so I don’t have to bring 1-4 kids in to pay in cash. It just too much work for me.

These are my goals, I will break them down weekly, and then break them down to daily goes! Join me though out the year to watch me reach my goals!

2 comments:

  1. We have many similar goals. I look forward to finding out how you will take your weight off, what books you will read, and following your gardening goals (I will start my own very small first garden this year!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny M that's so exciting that you are going to start a garden this year! It so much fun!!
    You can come join me at Facebook ~ PA Gardeners. Let us know how your doing, upload pictures and what going on in your garden!
    The weight I'm be posting a weekly update!
    I would love to hear how you do though out the year! Keep me update :)

    ReplyDelete