Monday, January 14, 2013

Update on Planting Seeds Indoor

Within the last month I have start to plant my seeds indoors, that way I have great transplants for outside in the spring. So far I have planted thyme, curly parsley, flat parsley, sweet spanish onions, leeks, chives, oregano, lemon basil, sweet basil, red onions, sweet spanish onions, and artichokes. Here is an update on what is going on in my basement for my spring garden. :)

My Leek transplants
My leeks out grow there mini green house, therefore I had to transplant them into bigger pots. The pots they are in now they will remain in until they are planted in the garden.
Sweet Basil on top, lemon basil on the bottom
4 out of 6 of my lemon basil are starting to sprout. 5 out of 6 cell of my sweet basil started to spout. I am thinking about grabbing a packet of purple basil to have in the garden too. 
My chive, oregano, artichokes, sweet spanish onion seeds starting to grow

My chive seeds only 3 out of the 6 pellets have started to grow, but I'll give them more time. All my oregano seeds have started to sprout. Artichokes seeds are starting to come up (2/6). I had to replant my spanish onion seeds, because the others didn't come up. 11 out of the 12 of the new sweet spanish onion seeds have spouted.

Here are my red onion, curly parsley, flat parsley, leeks, thyme seeds that are all coming up.
Red Onion seeds stared to spout (8/12). All the curly parsley seeds have spouted and need to be transplanted. Two more of my pellets with leek seed have spouted; I don't think the last one will. The two leeks need to be transplanted.  All the thyme has sprouted. 3/3 of my pellets of flat parsley have sprouted, and need to be transplanted.

Hope you enjoyed seeing what I'm growing what are you growing to transplant outside?

  Follow my garden adventurers on Facebook PA Gardeners
Follow the other Weeks Before Last Frost Weekly goals with the links below.
Gardening 20 Weeks Before My Last Frost- Weekly Goals
Gardening 19 Weeks Before My Last Frost- Weekly Goals 
Gardening 18 Weeks Before my Last Frost 
Gardening 17 Weeks Before My Last Frost Weekly Goals  
Gardening~ Weeks 16 and Weeks 15 before My Last Frost - Weekly Goals   
Gardening~ 14 Weeks before Average Date of Last Frost

2 comments:

  1. Nice article to get the head start. It’s an incredibly satisfying feeling to make a tiny seed grow into a beautiful plant for us and our family to enjoy. It also can be a tremendous cash saver since plants can be expensive when purchasing them all at your local greenhouse. Especially if you want to grow specialty or heirloom seeds that are hard to find. Check out the advantage of growing plants from seeds which gives you the exact taste & qualities at http://www.rosebudmag.com/gardening/choosing-seeds-for-hydroponics-indoor-gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mak~ I agree plant from seeds can be a saver on the piggy bank. I sometimes spilt seed with a friend because I don't need 250 strawberry seeds and it cost a lot less.
    Thanks for the website! I will it is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete