Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Gardening~ Cleaning Up the Onion Patch


This year I'm hoping I can grow a lot of onions. Last year's patch got taking over the wild hops in my garden. We use a lot of onions while I cook dinner, which means the more I can grow, the cheaper it is. 
The Last two row on the right are Ruby Burgundy onion spouts
I started sowing my seeds in the ended of December and then most did come up so I reseeded them a week ago. I'm growing Red Burgundy Onions and White Sweet Spanish Onions this year. 
Red Burgundy Seeds and White Sweet Spanish Seeds
 My area for my patch was a huge mess. I had my wax beans growing here last year. And the flower in fount of the fence over took the area. 
What a mess! This is where my onions new will be
It looks so nice and clean now! It is ready for my 48 onion seeds to come. I can’t wait! 
Clean garden area, I will make a row right next to the fence
What are you planting in your garden? Are you clean up the area you are using yet or waiting for it to get a little warmer?

No comments:

Post a Comment