Saturday, January 26, 2013

Tree Orders Are placed!

I just spent $86 on trees. Wow that is so much money! My goal is to have a property I can raise my family off of.
What did I get?


1 Yellow Delicious


1 Red Delicious

I can't wait for the fruit to come in. It will most likely take 2-3 years for me to get fruit, but after that we will have fruit for the next 20 years. With an investment $11, I think it worth it!


2 Moorpark Apricot trees

When I think of aprotic, I think of my mom and dad’s friend that had a tree outside their home. I can remember being a kid, and just picking the fruit and eating it. I loved it and hope my children ad there kids get the same memories.



2 Paw Paw Trees


I have been looking at Paw Paw trees for a while. I love bananas and hope that these have the taste. I told hubby I want to try to plant a different type of fruit a year, last year we got kiwi. This year I want to try these trees. I should get some fruit in 2 years. Hoping we all like it. If not the chicks won’t go hungry.  

2 Sugar Maples

I want sugar maples, because I want to learn how to tap the trees. I want to make sure we had the best try. We have a friend that taps all his maple trees. He will help us learn when our tress are old enough. I can’t wait real maple syrup. MMmmmm

2 Red Maple

1 Sliver Maple

1 Scarlet Oak

1 Red Oak

1 Sweetgum

1 White Flowering Dogwood

1 Washington Hawthorn


4 Cherry bushes


2 Forsythia


 
One set of these potato seeds.




All together that is 17 trees coming, plus 2 peach from my aunt, and I still need a friend for my pear. Hubby and I have a lot of planting to come this spring and most will go as a back ground in our yard so we don't have to see the shopping center behind us. Then we have the 4 cherry bushes and the 2 Forsythias to plant. I will have to see where I want them, but sshhhh don’t tell hubby I am not sure where I want them. :) The potatoes were on my list and I decided while placing the order. I should grab them too, instead of paying extra shipping.

What have you been ordering? Are you planting trees this year? If so what kind?


Follow my garden adventurers on Facebook PA Gardeners
Follow the other Weeks Before Last FrostWeekly goals with the links below.

2 comments:

  1. That is quite a forest you planted. May God bless your crop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joan! I know it is a lot but hoping it will save us money. How is your garden coming?

    ReplyDelete