Monday, February 18, 2013

Gardening~ 10 weeks before my last frost - planting cabbage

I got to plant these on February 13, 2013. I decided to go with 3 different types of cabbage. I don't normal cook with cabbage. I was not born into a house that used cabbage a lot, and when my parents cooked with it is smelled. I decide though I will give it a go, this year and see how it goes. My little one loves brussels spouts, so I think she will like cabbage.
Red Cabbage

I planted Red cabbage. I think I will cut this up and add it to our salads.

Red Cabbage Seeds
I planted 2 seed per cell. I have only one unit (6 cell) of this type of cabbage. I have decided that I'm going to plant this in the driveway garden box. I'm hoping the color of the cabbage will make the box look nice.
Pak Choi Cabbage Seeds
I planted Pak Choi Cabbage this year. This is the first time going to ever try this type of cabbage. Everything I read about it though it is a good cooking cabbage.
Label For My Pak Choi Cabbage
I planted 2 seed per cell. I have only one unit (6 cell) of this type of cabbage. I have decided that I'm going to plant this in the Fire Pit garden box.
Copenhagen Market Cabbage
The last cabbage I planted is the Copenhagen Market Cabbage. This cabbage is getting planted for my hubby. He loves sauerkraut, and is the only one in the house that does. I'm hoping to grow enough that can some for my hubby.
Copenhagen Market Cabbage Seeds

I planted 2 seed per cell. I have only 2 units (12 cell) of this type of cabbage. I have decided that I'm going to plant this in the garden boxes 3.
 
I need to move the light wire, my cabbage and strawberries under the grow light

Then I put them under the grow lights in the basement, to grow. I have some awesome plans for these cabbage hopeful, they grow so I can use them!

What are you planting in your garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment