Thursday, February 7, 2013

Gardening Tip~ When to water your garden

I came a crossed this tip while is was reading The green Gardener's Guide. This book gives great tips on gardening smart, (green). I have read only 31 pages and have several tips highlighted. Here is the tip, water your plants in the morning or at night.



I was doing this last year without realizing it was good for my garden. I water around 5:30 every morning, because it was the easiest time for me to water. I'm a weekend gardener, I work 3-4 day a week. Water in the morning, was the only time I had to do it.



The book says to water in the morning or night, is because the temperature is cooler, and the wind is calmer then during the day. With the cooler weather and calmer wind the soil is able to soak up most water that the soil can. This also by doing this you will be able to use less water to water your garden. This is great information for droughts, or saving money on you water bill. This also let's you save water for the planet.



When do you water your garden? Would you change the time to save water?

No comments:

Post a Comment