Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Gardening Tip - Save Seeds in glass jar

I have read this tip a few times, even the seed I got told me to store them in a glass air tight jar, like a mason jar. The reason, being a air thighs jar will keep most pest out. Now in Week-by-Week Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook, they state to use a small paper towel of powder milk in the container to help remove moisture. You do this buy putting the powder milk in and fold it up in a paper towel so no milk comes out and tape it on to the lid. Now I save the little packet in my stuff (aka shoe, radio equipment) and us them because you don't have to replace them every 6 months like you do with the milk.

I right now use containers, because it is easier then glass jar, but I don't freeze them.


How do you store your seeds?

No comments:

Post a Comment