Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Gardening-Gardening- 9 Weeks After Last Frost- Cucumbers

Going to high
This morning and last night I decided to work on my Gardening- Gardening- 9 Weeks After Last Frost- 2. Cucumber - I have two goals with them this week, one is to reroute them. I also want to check on them and make sure they don't have striped cucumber beetles on them.  I took some time to deal with my cucumber and the issues they are having in the garden. I found three big issues last night! 
1. The cucumbers are growing onto my deck rails. 
2. There are ants all over the cucumber plants. 
3. Weeds- ok I'm going to have to work on weeding this weekend. 

Weaving it
Frist problem is easy to fix! I just pulled them down and started to weave them though my lattice

Re-routed

Now everything is up off the ground and below the rails! This will look awesome when they speard all over the lattice

Cinnamon
Issue two, ant on the plant, is driving me crazy!! Ants are everywhere this year!!! I decide that I'm going to try 2 of the natural ways I have read about to get rid of ants. They are to sprinkle cinimon around the area, because ants don't like it. And to spary soap on the plant. The ants don't like the soap and it kills the aphid they are protection. 

Soap Water spary

Hoping it works and my ants go somewhere else. I will repeat the soap and cinnamon again when, I weed the garden box this weekend!

How are you cucumber coming along?



No comments:

Post a Comment