Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Gardening and Cooking- harvesting and canning cucumbers (mmmm pickles)

I am canning my cucumber if I get enough. I want to get at least 3 cans of Sweet Pickles and 3 cans of dill pickles. I am looking up several times of types ways to can them. Here is what I have found on line. I have a few books at home too. I'm going to look in.

Thank you Marisa for your picture 
I love garlic so when I came a crossed Garlic Dill Pickles by Marisa  at Food in Jars. I had to save the recipe. I am putting this one aside to see if I want to try it. I will have many different types of recipes by the end and Hubby will pick out ones he likes the best.

Thank you Marisa for your picture 
While I checking the recipe on Food in Jars I came a crossed Urban Preserving: Refrigerator Dill Pickles. This looked awesome. I want to save this recipes and decided to share it with you. This would be an easy recipe for people starting to can. 

Thank you Ann for your picture 
I also came along this awesome recipe Craven County Sweet Pickles Recipe from What's Cooking America. It looks perfect for my sweet pickles.

            Thanks allrecipes.com for the picture

This looks like a great recipes for Pop's Dill Pickles, these look perfect. The recipe came from allrecipes.com it got 4 1/2 stars.

Hope you like the recipes I have come up with. I will let you know how they turn out if Hubby decide we should try them. What is your favorite pickle recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment